July 18, 2011
We were all out in the backyard working on our tire project when I noticed that Zaiden had dirt all over his face and coming out of his nose. I also noticed that he wouldn't keep his fingers out of his nose. I finally picked him up to see what was going on, looked in his nose and could barely see a rock up there. I was a bit concerned! Mario wanted to finish the tire we were working on so I left Zaiden to suffer until we went inside. Once we were finally in the house I rounded up the tweezers, flashlight, toothpicks. Dr. Benson went to work while I tried to hold the screaming, kicking Zaiden down. We finally retrieved the nice sized pebble from Zaiden's nose. He was wiped out and not very happy, but we thought everything was fine. The next day we went about our usual routine and by midday Zaiden was running a fever and just wanted me to hold him. I got thinking that there might have been more up there. I got him into the real doctor and she was able to retrieve a nice sized piece of walnut from his nose. Poor kid had a pretty traumatic couple of days, but I hope he has learned his lesson!




No comments:
Post a Comment